Membership is open to any suitably qualified individual. The current membership application form can be downloaded in Word format here.
Alternatively, you can download the membership form as a PDF here.
Employees of the Food Standards Agency or Food Standards Scotland, are not required to complete the Standing Order section.
- At meetings with your employer
- At wider meetings with the Food Standards Agency
- At meetings with the industry
- At meetings in Europe – The AMI represents the UK at The European Working Community for Food Inspection and Consumer Protection.
- Working on educational issues with Partners
- Royal Society for Public Health
- Royal Environmental Health Institute of Scotland
- Meat Training Council
- Chartered Institute of Environmental Health
- A voice in the consultation process for new legislation, both National and European
- Working together with Unison on joint projects to ensure the Professional future of our Members and enhancement of the role of Meat Inspectors in the future
FREE subscription to The Meat Hygienist VALUE £50.00
Reduced fee to members for Annual Seminar VALUE £270.00
The Trust makes available educational bursaries to members carrying out studies in meat inspection related studies
- Divisional Meetings – Many have speakers for the evening and most have social aspects including a complementary meal
- Annual Seminar – This is the only Annual Seminar in Europe, with speakers invited both nationally & internationally.
- Continuing Professional Development – an ongoing joint project which is now an integral part of Professional Recognition as an RMHI
A.M.I. Library – Members have access to the largest specialist Meat Inspection library in the UK currently some of which is being transferred to CD format for ease of use & posting